Grace Gray specializes in counseling adolescents, families and individual adult men and women and offers group therapy. Her areas of focus include ADHD/ADD (adolescent and adult), anxiety, depression, and LGBTQ concerns. Grace is also trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and TIR (Traumatic Incident Reduction).
Grace specializes in a number of issues including:
- Teen and adult attention and executive function difficulties, including ADHD
- Self-acceptance, especially in teens and in adults recovering from difficult childhood
- Social skills
- Domestic conflicts, Separation and Divorce
- Post-Divorce, including Co-Parenting after Divorce
- Improving Self Esteem and Self-Empowerment
- Depression and other Mood Disorders
- Anxiety including Social anxiety and Generalized anxiety
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) issues
- Gender Identity, and Sexual Identity Issues
- Adjustments. Transitions and Life Stressors
- Codependency, Codependent Relationships and other Dysfunctional Relationships
- Recovery from Abusive Relationships; Rebuilding Your Life
Grace received a PhD in Neural Sciences from Washington University, School of Medicine. Her Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work is from Catholic University and her Bachelors degree is from Mount Holyoke College.
Grace interned at the Office of Rehabilitation and Development, The Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia and at The Women’s Center in Vienna, Virginia.
Prior to coming to Across Counseling, Grace also worked with Women Within International as the Director, Capital Area Women’s Council, Washington, DC and volunteered at a shelter for abused and substance-abusing women, and their children in St. Charles, MO.
Grace has led and participated in women’s empowerment groups for more than 10 years.
Associate Research Scientist, Yale University Medical School
Postdoctoral Fellow, Yale University Medical School
Graduate Student, Washington University, St. Louis, MO. Independent research in developmental neurobiology.
Member, National Association of Social Workers
Member, National Association of Social Workers – NOVA Network
Member, Mid-Atlantic Group Psychotherapy Association
Member, Capital Networking Group for Addictions specialists
Member, National Association for Science Writers
Member, DC Science Writers Association
Grace Gray offers a reduced fee to clients on a case by case basis.
We can also provide statements for clients who wish to receive reimbursement from HSA or flexible spending accounts.
©Anne Ross, Across Counseling 501 Church Street NE | Vienna, VA | 22180 703-389-1913